On the 24th of February there’s a wicked event happening: Shockout Festival. With an amazing line-up including Shy FX, Hype B2B Hazard, High Contrast, Danny Byrd, Metrik, Nu:logic, Sasasas, The Protypes, Mampi Swift B2B Crissy Criss, and many more. It’s a sick line-up, and if you’ve got nothing else to do on the 24th, you know where you need to go to: The Bath & West Showground. That’s right!
Turns out there’s also a competition going on, called ‘Hospitaly x Shockout DJ Competition’. And a DJ called Fashh made this short, 24 minute long mix, containing Jungle and Drum & Bass tunes. And the mix looks absolutely mint. I’ll show you the tracklist in a minute. But for now let’s focus on the actual event: it’s ace. If this mix doesn’t win Fashh the competition, I don’t know what they were looking for (or maybe the others were ever better, but that’s something I don’t know).
The tracklist? Yep, that’s something you want to see!
01. Diemantle – Sex_Machine
02. Fracture, DJ Monita – Luv Ta Luv Ya (Fracture VIP)
03. Danny Byrd – Shock Out
04. Andy C & Shimon – Quest (Bladerunner Remix)
05. Need For Mirrors – Pagans
06. Kumarachi – Dusk
07. Randall, Goldie & Dego – The R (Seba Rework)
08. Dillinja – Acid Trak
09. Ram Trilogy – Screamer VIP
10. Metrik – Fatso (VIP)
11. Culture Shock – Bunker
12. Enei – Mosquito (Benny L Remix)
13. DJ Marky – Silly
14. Technimatic – Parallel (LSB Remix)
15. Hugh Hardie feat Silence Groove – City Soul
16. Need For Mirrors – Puff N Stuff
17. Marcus Intalex & ST Files – Warp 3 (Total Science Remix)
18. Lemon D – Get On Down (DJ Die Remix)
19. Krome & Time – Ganja Man (Remix)
20. Klute – Take A Breath (Invaderz VIP)
21. Chase & Status feat Liam Bailey – Blind Faith (Loadstar Remix)
22. Goldie & Ulterior Motive feat Natalie Williams – I Adore You
23. DJ Krust – Set Speed
24. Was A Be – Ten Years
25. Fixate – Rumours
26. Fracture – Cold & Rain
Seriously, Fashh, whoever you are, if you don’t win, I don’t know what else you could have done. This is really a dope mix, Quite short, but I reckon it was one of the rules for the competition (not to make a bloody long mix). 24 minutes, and 26 records in it: amazeballs (as the youngsters would say).
I need my Jungle and DnB dosage. It’s been too long for me. But with this mix Fashh has done it, and made me love these two amazing genres even more. And getting excited for the upcoming summer period: outdoor parties! Sadly, due to my surgery coming up, I won’t be able to party for many months to come. But when the sun is out, I will.
Normally I would talk about flaws and errors, but Fashh hasn’t made a single error. Or not one I have noticed. It’s truly an amazing job to compose a wonderful mix like this one. Powerful too. It does have its moment: from nice vocal bits to rough DnB.
I’m going to follow Fashh now. If this is the way he/she mixes, I am impressed. 10 out of 10, or as I would give:
Genre/Style: Drum & Bass, Jungle
Mix Info: Mix For Shockout Festival
Length Mix: 00:24:01
Tracks: 26 (twenty-six)
Download/Listen (via Soundcloud): LISTEN HERE
File Size: unknown
File Type: unknown
More Information: Shockout Festival – Official Website