DJ: Kit Hype & The Viper
Genre/Style: Freestyle, Jumpstyle, Hardstyle, Hardcore, Happy Hardcore, EDMCore
Mix Info: Foolish @ Free Festival 2017 Mix
Length Mix: 00:59:42
Tracks: 33 (thirty-three)
Download/Listen (via Soundcloud): LISTEN HERE
File Size: unknown
File Type: unknown
More Information: Free Festival 2017 – Facebook Event Page
I only found this mix yesterday, and I was one of the first people to listen to it, and literally go ape during the mix. It’s a promo mix for upcoming Free Festival, a festival that doesn’t need an introduction. This year’s edition takes place on the 1st of July, at Almere Strand, the Netherlands. And I reckon you already purchased tickets, because on Facebook it says that 3.8k people are going. You are probably going to the Hardcore bit, where Angerfist, Korsakoff, Miss K8, Destructive Tendencies, Scarphase, Dr. Peacock and more play. Or to the Hardstyle area, where you can find Radical Redemption, Wildstylez, Atmozfears, Crypsis and more. Or, as the Dutch would say, ‘doe eens gek’ and visit the Foolish area, at which DJs such as Darkraver, Ruthless, The Viper, Technoboy, Tuneboy, Bass-D and more play. Oh, and also Kit Hype, who I’ve sadly never heard before.
This mix is for those who are going to visit the Foolish area, and it’s a beautiful looking area. With so many great names, it’s a must see area. How can you avoid this area, when they’ve got so many great names? Yeah, i know, it will be difficult, because the whole line-up for the event looks amazing. Every area is a must go to, but just for your consideration, check out this mix. And you will immediately be drawn towards the Foolish area, you will. And guess who’s playing there? That’s right, the DJs who made this promo mix.
The tracklist is a beauty, random as hell. Not your ordinary tracklist. Name one mix in which they jump from style to style with ease, and even cram in some Hardcore in the middle of the mix?
01. 4B feat Bunji Garlin – Carnival
02. Victor Niglio – Locust
03. Da Tekno Warriors – Yo!
04. Kutski & Audiofreq feat Ragga Twins – Hookshot
05. Snavs – Roar
06. Kit Hype – Bulletproof
07. Max Enforcer – Even More Bass
08. TNT – Flash
09. Underground Warriors – Digital Manipulation
10. Da Bootleggers – Fresh Beats
11. Kit Hype – Mash It Up
12. LNY TNZ feat Kalibwoy – Therapy
13. Genius feat The Russian – R.A.G.E.
14. Kit Hype – Countdown
15. Crude Intentions – Voices Part II
16. Rawtek – Na’Wal (Bestien Stampede Edit)
17. Crisis Era – Mosh Pit
18. The Stunned Guys & DJ Paul – Thrillseeka (Wild Motherfuckers Remix)
19. The Prophet – Scum
20. Private Productions – Looped (Prophet’s Remake)
21. DJ Promo – Dancefloor Hardcore
22. G-Town Madness & The Viper – Buck ‘Em Down
23. Warface – Mash-Up 6.0
24. Poogie Bear – Happy Together (Shadowfact Bootleg)
25. Shadowfact feat Morris Lane – I Love Beatz
26. Backsnap feat Jr. Kenna – Mash Di Place (Jason Payne’s RAW Remix)
27. Advanced Dealer – NSTFR
28. The Stunned Guys – SHE (Tha Playah Remix)
29. Miss K8 – Icebreaker
30. Tschabos – Gib Mir Die Bass (DJ Paul Mash-up)
31. The Viper & Panic feat Diesel – Vlammen! (A Foolish Anthem for SSZD Kingsday 2017)
32. DJ Paul Elstak – The Promised Land (The Viper Remix)
33. Dr. Phunk, Paul Elstak & JeBroer – Kind Van De Duivel (The Viper’s Hardcore Edit)
This is one amazing tracklist! How diverse is this? This is what Freestyle represents: do whatever you like, play whatever you like, as long as it gets the crowd jumping up and down, and causing earthquakes.
This mix does exactly what you want it to. It demolishes you. It changes you into this creature feared by many. The way this mix is build-up, is immense. You don’t know which track comes next, or what kind of style it represents. It’s like a tsunami, wave after wave hits you!
The Viper obviously knows how to please the listeners, he’s a well established name in the industry, but Kit Hype is new, but he leaves a good impression on me. His tunes can also be found in this mix, which makes the mix even more dangerous!!
There are so many records to choose from, but this mix introduced me to one of the most amazing records ever made: ‘Locust’. Seriously, the level of filth can not be topped by any other record in this mix. Sadly played too short, this track deserves more time. I reckon when they play it at Free Festival, the crowd will loose it.
The Viper and Kit Hype, you’ve delivered an amazing mix! I sadly can’t go to Free Festival, but you, the reader, should. There’s no reason why you shouldn’t. Let this mix put you in the right direction….