Genre/Style: Hardcore Techno, Gabber, Hardcore, Oldskool, Early Rave
Mix Info: 1993 – 2016 Ghosttown Promomix
Length Mix: 01:38:34
Tracks: 40 (fourty)
Download/Listen (via Soundcloud): DOWNLOAD/LISTEN
File Size: 135 MB
File Type: mp3
More Information: DJ Sequence – Facebook Fanpage
Last year Dance2Eden hosted yet another succesfull edition of their well known party Ghosttown, and the response was good. People seemed to like it, but truth be told, with a killer line-up like they had, you can’t go wrong. Jones & Stephenson, Rob & MC Joe, G-Town Madness, Lady Dana, Darkraver, Re-Charge, Promo, Kasparov, Noize Suppressor and more. Sadly I missed it, but on Soundcloud you can find many livesets recorded during the evening. One mix I found wasn’t a liveset, but a promo mix by someone called DJ Sequence. Mmm, where do I recognise the name from?
Wasn’t he also on Partyflock? Sequence & Omnious? Am I correct, or totally wrong? Well, whoever it is, he made a promo mix for Ghosttown, containing the finest Hardcore tunes from 1993 til 2016. From nice and rough oldskool tunes to fresh and upbeat present day records. And the tracks he has selected are made by well established names such as Meagashira, Alien T, Nosferatu, TOA, Lenny Dee, Paul Elstak, Endymion, and more. But the one theme that emerged was the fact that he used so many DJ Promo records, I reckon he’s a fan boy. I’ve never seen this many records made by DJ Promo in a mix which wasn’t mixed by DJ Promo himself.
Anyway, no matter how you look at this, this isn’t a promo mix for Ghosttown anymore. The event already took place, so we are too late. This is a promo mix for Hardcore in general, and Sequence too!
01. Promo – Methamfetamine
02. Miro – Shining
03. Bulldozer Project – Arise
04. Promo – Outspoken
05. Promo – X-Termination
06. Alien T – The Hammer Of The Devil (Original Mix)
07. Re-Style – Relytser
08. Meagashira – Through Inner Core
09. Promo – Dancefloor Hardcore
10. Waxweazle – Hardcore Power (’97 Remix)
11. Promo – Serious Damage
12. Amnesys – Massacre
13. The Wishmater – Back 2 Classic
14. Endymion – We Are The Future
15. The Blaster – War Has Come
16.Lenny Dee – Alpha 1
17. TNT – Brainwashkiller (Killer Mix)
18. The Nightraver – So
19. Promo – Welcome To The Terrordrome
20. DJ D – Solo
21. Coreporation – Fallin’ Crap
22. Placid K – Trippin’ (Original Mix)
23. Promo – Time To Rise Up
24. The Wishmaster & Promo – Silence Surrounds Me
25. Masters Of Ceremony – Skullfuck
26. DJ Paul – Play My Game
27. Lenny Dee vs Paul – I Like Hardcore
28. Promo – My Beating Drum
29. N-Vitral – Crispy Bassdrum
30. Sei2ure – Massive On The Bass
31. Bertocucci Feranzano – XTC Love (Trance Mix)
32. Phoenix – Who’s In Control
33. The Prophet & Delirium – The Way You Make Me
34. DJ Nosferatu – Have It Your Way
35. The Outside Agency – Enlightened Species
36. Promo – Cheating Bitch
37. Promo – Bass Power
38. Annihilator – I’ll Show You My Gun
39. Lockjaw – The Point
40. Lenny Dee – Forgotten Moments
Will you look at this tracklist. It’s a beast! It’s a monster! What a truly amazing amount of awesome records. Yes, do you see it too, that he really likes DJ Promo?
DJ Sequence has mixed this together beautifully, and this mix was exactly what I was searching for on this dreadful and miserable Saturday. Combining the past with the present. Oldskool vs Newskool. The result is a really good promo mix, and I reckon at least half of the ravers at Ghosttown went there because of Sequence’s mix.
Maybe I exaggerated it a bit. I think I did.
Anyway, the records are good. Which is my favourite record? I can’t pick. Really like ‘My Beating Drum’ by DJ Promo. The vocals are soul touchingly good!
The mix is tight, has got some small mixing/fading errors, but manageble. They wouldn’t ask you to play at Ghosttown if you were crap, eh?
DJ Sequence’s mix is right on the money. Loving the vibes, loving everything about it. Banging Hardcore, f**k yeah!